Friday 24 May 2013

Go Vap Pagoda Visit last Saturday

When I first entered the pagoda, my emotions were mixed. I didn't know whether to feel happy, angry or sad. The pagoda was beautiful and colourful. As we walked towards the rooms, I was nervous. I didn't know what to expect. We passed various rooms, including infant rooms. I started to feel sorry for the less privileged children. As we entered the main room, my worries disappeared. All these children were just like us. I made a move towards the painting table. I sat down next to a little girl who was painting. I decided to help her, so I took some paint and joined in. The result was great, and we both had created a unique painting. I felt so happy with myself, so I decided to help others. After the session, all of us were covered in paint. We then made a move towards the parachute games. I could tell the children were having fun because they were laughing and playing. I was so pleased to have signed up to play with the children. They were having so much fun. Afterwards, we went into the dining area to feed the children. We had a lot of fun together. Lastly, I wandered off to the infant room. There was a baby lying on a bean bag, so I decided to pick him up. I overcame my nervousness. Visiting the pagoda made me feel grateful for all the things I had and that I could help others. We had to leave then, I felt proud of us all. Thank you to all the teachers who made this day possible. I will always have good memories of Go Vap orphanage and hope to visit again.

 
Nadya Qamar Year 8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment